Heavy Duty Driver
Job Description and Requirements
Loading, driving and delivering product to the customer through Company tank trucks in a
safe and efficient manner; ensuring integrity of high quality and quantity.
1. Responsible for loading and decanting of the tank trucks in accordance to Work
2. Safe driving to and from destination consistent with speed limits and standard trip
3. Verifies the site tank ullage by gauging the tanks in coordination with the CSA
• Prior to shifting the tank truck into the gantry for loading, carries out checks
such as the engine oil level coolant, condition of the tyres and reports
accident damage, if any.
• Once in the gantry positions the tank truck in the appropriate bay, aligned to
the appropriate loading arms, switches off the engine and the battery.
• Connects the grounding and the scully probe.
• Checks the Loading Instruction and the D/A to ensure that the D/A is
pertaining to the same truck and tanker.
• Tags the compartments with the appropriate coloured tags pertaining to
the product / products to be loaded and drains the compartment empty in
accordance with the EHS policies established.
• Inserts the Delivery Advise into specific product meters.
• Connects the appropriate loading arms and loads in accordance with the
• After loading is completed, fills up the D/A with the quantity loaded, Tank No.
Product temperature and all other required details.
• Seals the tanker compartment outlet valves with numbered seals and notes
the seal nos. on the Delivery Advise.
• On reaching the Site, ensures that there is enough ullage in the Site /
Customers tank before commencing product decanting.
• After completion of product at the Site, ensures that all documentation is
in proper order and hands it over to the Field Supervisor on reaching the
timings for each destination.
prior to and after decanting the fuel into the tank to ensure complete delivery and
prevent any product returns.
4. Discharge of product at destination including special procedures for unattended
5. Completion of documentation which include delivery advice note at the Terminal
acknowledgement at destination, if applicable.
6. Reporting to Field Supervisor for further instruction on return to Terminal.
Ensure that all the activities in the terminal are performed as per EPPCO’s Operating and
Safety Procedures, EHS policies and guidelines.
Maintain high level of Emergency preparedness.
Responsible for informing on Road accidents and incidents.
Response to EPPCO Emergency Response Plan and Fire Fighting.
a) Working knowledge of English
b) Valid UAE driving licence for Heavy Duty Vehicles
c) Knowledge of EPPCO Work Instruction/Procedures for loading/discharge of tank
d) Knowledge of location of Retail/Consumer Outlets
e) Detailed knowledge of Truck/Trailer components
f) Awareness of the Company’s EHS and EMS policies
Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) LLC
Petrochemicals and Mining
Junior (experienced non-manager)